Designed for Flexform the Moka chair, the Piano bed and nightstand (1985)
Barlassina (MI) 03.25.1896 - Monza 01.28.1981
Milano 03.20.1904 – Saronno 09.23.1986
Both Mario and Claudio received Architecture Certification at the Bologna Institute of Fine Arts in 1922. The first joint projects were for competitions, among which the Como War Memorial. In 1928, after obtaining the right to practice as architects, together they opened the Studio Asnago-Vender Architetti. They were mostly involved in town planning architecture (schools - residence - churches...). Among the objects designed for interiors were tables and chairs with the characteristic X. The slender structure represents the architectural philosophy of the two designers: surfaces are wide but spaced out with empty spaces that point out the discreet presence of the material, which does not take away lightness, but only part of the stiff evenness that characterizes their interiors. After Asnago's retirement in 1971, Vender continued the business with his son Mario and Mario Moganti.